Today we did an assignment in computer science where students were tasked with writing their names using scratch. We first thought about how we might make this process easier by developing a spec for writing letters—each letter would be 50×100 pixels with 20 pixels of space. The sprite would start in the upper right corner of each letter, and then it would be simple to spell out words by sharing the precoded blocks we wrote and shared on a Google doc. This seemed like a grand plan until we realized there is no way (that we could find) to cut and paste code in scratch. Oops—so then we got a good lesson in language limitations, and a bit more of a nudge to want to move on to more flexible and complex programming languages.